An electric server lift is an important investment that you need to make for your data center. It is very important for you to make sure that you bought the right equipment after carefully analyzing your current data center space and also what the scenario is going to be like in the days to come. There are multiple different options available in the market when it comes to lifts for data center. These lifts have been crafted in order to carter to the needs of the IT equipment. These lifts can be used for a wide range of different types of reasons. As far as data centers are concerned, they may vary in terms of configuration, size, cooling and heating requirement, security parameters, energy usage and others.
The data center lifts available in the market are strong and robust and they are capable of withstanding the load of heavy servers and other devices. If you need to move your servers frequently and you have been using your data center employees to get it done, in that case, you are inviting trouble. Handling these heavy and expensive equipments can prove to be very dangerous. They can not only cause injury to those who are handling them, but at the same time, you are also making these devices prone to different types of damages.
It is Important to Assess the Data Center Facility
Before you buy electric server lifts for your data center, it is important for you to assess the facility. Here are a couple of important aspects that need to be taken into consideration
Maneuverability and Aisles
- How wide the aisles are is one important question that needs to be answered
- You also need to take into consideration the turning radius
- You need to figure out the obstacles in the facility which might cause difficulties in free movement
- You also need to have a very clear idea about the type of ground and ceiling clearance which is required for the lift.
- If you have tall racks installed at your facility, you need to find out how tall they are
- It is also very important to figure out the depth of the deepest racks
- Make sure to find out whether your racks are contained or not
- What kind of rails do you use? Are they isolated or drop-in? This is one important question that needs to be answered
- Are there any over-head obstructions? If there are any, what are they? You also need to find out the amount of ceiling space that is available to you
Systems and Equipment
- It is also very important for you to have a clear idea about the weight of the heaviest equipment installed at your facility
Future Growth of your Data Center
Are you planning to expand in the days to come? If you are, in that case, you need to take into consideration the space that would be available to you. Besides, if you are planning to install more servers and other devices, in that case, you need to allocate budgets for more lifts. As far as lifts are concerned, you also have the option of using a portable server lift. These lifts are small and occupies relatively small amount of space. Besides, these portable lifts are also easy to use.
Considering the importance of a data center, it is absolutely essential to make sure that proper measures are being taken to ensure safety of the devices and equipment installed. One of the most efficient ways to handle these devices is using lifts.