When you are using your PC and kids are around you. You want parental control but not all the web browsers and operating systems to support Parental Control. Then you have only the choice to block the Incognito mode.
Here, we will show you how to disable Incognito mode in Windows, and macOS:
HOW TO DISABLE INCOGNITO MODE IN WINDOWS:-
- For Windows, we are taking two popular web browsers, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Through the Windows command line, you can easily block the Incognito window. With administrators, privileges launch the command prompt.
2. Type the following command in the cmd to disable the Incognito Mode on the Chrome browser and tap on Enter.
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome /v IncognitoModeAvailability /t REG_DWORD /d 1
3. Type the following command in cmd, to disable in Mozilla Firefox.
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Mozilla\Firefox /v DisablePrivateBrowsing /t REG_DWORD /d 1
4. Then, Restart the browser, and now when you will open the Incognito mode, it will be disabled.
5. Now, if you need to enable the Incognito mode again then do the following in the command prompt:
For Google Chrome
Command: REG DELETE HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome /v IncognitoModeAvailability /f
For Mozilla Firefox
Command:- REG DELETE HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Mozilla\Firefox /v DisablePrivateBrowsing /f
HOW TO DISABLE INCOGNITO MODE IN MACOS:
In macOS, disabling the Incognito mode is very simple for Google Chrome, but it’s difficult for the Safari app. Let’s discuss below:
FOR GOOGLE CHROME:
- To disable the Incognito mode, first, we require to open the terminal. For this in a search bar press command + spacebar.
2. In a terminal, type the following command. This will disable the Incognito mode in Chrome.
defaults write com.google.chrome IncognitoModeAvailability -integer 1
3. Now open the Google Chrome, you will notice that incognito mode is disabled.
Disabling the Incognito mode in Safari is only to modify the interface of Safari which includes editing the “nib” file. I will not suggest using this method, and it can break the code. For this, the best way is to put parental control on adult websites.
This is the way to disable Incognito mode in Windows and macOS. You can disable the Incognito window in Android also in Google Chrome. But, for this, you require a paid tool called Incoquito.
Also read: How You Can Recover Deleted Files on Mac