Whenever you hand over your phone to anyone, especially kids, it’s a big concern that what they are browsing, by disable private browsing in Safari Private Browsing mode, it doesn’t record any browsing activity. Your concern is over what you are browsing; nobody can open by disabling this feature.
This is how to disable private browsing in Safari on the iPhone:
- First, open the Settings app on your iPhone and select the “Screen Time.”
- A new window will open click on the “Content & Privacy Restrictions” option. After selecting the content and privacy restrictions, click on the “Content Restrictions” option.
- Select the “Web Content” option. Then a new tab will open click on the “Limit Adult Websites” option.
- Open Safari, and then begin the tab switcher and voila! You won’t find the option to start Private Browsing mode listed anymore
Now the web content feature blocks all the adult’s websites and adult-related content from the browser. So if you give your phone to your kid then no need to worry.
HOW YOU CAN RESTRICT THIRD-PARTY BROWSERS USING SCREEN TIME
As you have restricted the Safari browsers but if you want to restrict third-party browsers like Chrome. You can do the following:-
- Open the settings on your iPhone and select the “Screen time Panel” and in this click on the “Content & Privacy Restrictions” option. Select the “iTunes & App Store Purchases” option from the list which will open.
- A new window will open. Touch on the “Installing Apps” choice and choose the “Don’t allow” choice.
HOW YOU CAN BLOCK THIRD-PARTY BROWSERS USING SCREEN TIME
If you have installed a third-party browser and you are using that browser and you want that nobody can see your browser. You can block your third-party browser using screen time by the following ways:-
- On the Screen Time panel, select the name of your device. On the next screen, choose any one of the browsers that you want to block.
- Select the “Add Limit” option, and then click on the “Edit Apps” option.
- Choose the third party browser which you want to select and click on “Add”. Then pick the minimum time limit of a single minute, and then click on Add.
Then all the third party browsers are blocked from your iPhone.
If you like our article: Disable private browsing in Safari on the iPhone then share it with your friends.
Also read: Methods to Loop YouTube Videos on Android and iOS